Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
joebranca
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Joe Brancaleone

SOBR Capacity Tier Offload failures - No archive key found

Post by joebranca »

For reference I've had an open case #03445867

We run backup copy jobs to offsite storage, most of them with 42 restore points, forever forward incrementals.

We have implemented new server storage in the offsite location with Windows 2016 and ReFS on the Windows volumes storing backup copies.

After upgrading to Update 4, an S3 bucket was created and added to the SOBR with 3 ReFS extents on the offsite storage with backup copies.

I modified the backup copy jobs to run weekly Fulls on weekends, although I wasn't sure how many to keep I settled on 3.

I configured the SOBR's Capacity Tier offload policy to move backups older than 21 days (3 weeks) to the S3 bucket. Our intention is that backup copy chains beyond 3 weeks old would get moved to S3 bucket.

After a few weeks and the offload policy began to kick in, this seemed to work as expected, as we have about 10TB written to the bucket.

However beginning about a week and a half ago, The offload jobs all began to fail with this kind of error:
Failed to offload backup Error: No archive key was found for storage key ID [##################################].
No archive key was found for storage key ID [####################################].

Our case owner noticed I was still on the RTM build of Update 4, so I installed the GA patch, but subsequent Offload jobs still fail with these errors.

There has definitely been no change with our AWS key that is included in the SOBR config, if that is the key the error is referring to?

Any ideas are appreciated

joe
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2858 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: SOBR Capacity Tier Offload failures - No archive key found

Post by HannesK »

Hello Joe,
I just went through the case and it seems to be an issue that needs further investigation. No further ideas from my side. Everything seems to be okay from the configuration side.

Best regards,
Hannes
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6633 times

Post by Gostev »

We've confirmed the issue and it is a bug with the full rescan logic (such as one used after the backup server configuration restore). The fix will be included in Update 4a. Thanks!
joebranca
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Joe Brancaleone

Post by joebranca »

Thank you for the information. We should expect Update 4a GA in the next few days?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6633 times

Post by Gostev »

Yes. But since your chain is already broken by said rescan, just installing Update 4a will not help - so you will need to continue working with support to fix it manually.