Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
loop
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Clint

Extending retention and using resource pools

Post by loop »

Hi,

I was hoping you could help me with two fairly simple questions...

1. I have a backup job that keeps 30 roll-back points - is it ok to increase this to 90 without deleting and re-creating the job?

2. For our Northern sites I have configured backup jobs by resource pool, will Veeam add additional servers to be backup jobs automatically when new machines are added to the resource pools? Likewise, will Veeam remove servers from backup jobs once they leave the resource pools? If so, will the full backups be deleted when this happens?

Apologies if these questions have been answered previously, I did have a quick look around...

All the best,

Clint
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Extending retention and using resource pools

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Clint,
loop wrote:1. I have a backup job that keeps 30 roll-back points - is it ok to increase this to 90 without deleting and re-creating the job?
Absolutely, adjusting the retention policy settings doesn't require deleting or re-creating anything. Feel safe to do it.
loop wrote:2. For our Northern sites I have configured backup jobs by resource pool, will Veeam add additional servers to be backup jobs automatically when new machines are added to the resource pools?
Yes, resource pools are treated like any other VM containers.
loop wrote:Likewise, will Veeam remove servers from backup jobs once they leave the resource pools? If so, will the full backups be deleted when this happens?
Correct. In order to deal with such situations you have two settings for the retention policy. Please take a look at our User Guide (pages 14 and 61) for more details.

Thanks.