Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
sweepsd
Influencer
Liked: never

Tape backup - wrong media set name written

Post by sweepsd »

Hi
I am struggling with my tapes being labelled with the wrong weekly media set name. I have a single GFS media pool and the weekly set name is set as Weekly Media Set %date% (the default). I have several backup to tape jobs that all use the single GFS media pool and all run on Saturday. I have 2 tape drives one FC and other SAS ( 8 slot autoloaders ) connected to my physical tape proxy server. I load up both tape drives and quick erase all the tapes and move to the free media pool.
There is no Media set name on them.

When the jobs runs the FC drive correctly put the media set date of that saturday, the SAS drive keeps puting the wrong date on 09/03/2019. This has happened now for 2 weekends on the trot. The first job which is run has parallel processing on and splits the job between the 2 drives. The FC gets the correct date the SAS always 09/03/2019. I'm not sure what is happening anyone throw any light on it.

TIA
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Tape backup - wrong media set name written

Post by Dima P. »

Hello and welcome to the sweepsd,

What Veeam B&R version are you running? Any chance you have a case ID to share? Thank you!
sweepsd
Influencer
Liked: never

Re: Tape backup - wrong media set name written

Post by sweepsd »

Hi
Running 9.5 update 4
I opened a ticket originally on 03466976 because jobs were not appending to tape but this was due to jobs running on the second media library putting the wrong media set name (date). All the tapes in both libraries where erased and marked as free.