Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
Avo
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Francesco Avanzini

LINUX File Level Backup

Post by Avo »

Hi Everyone!
I'm going to install Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 4 to backup an Hyper-V Host with Windows and Linux based instances. My question is... Is possible to perform a further file-level backup installing and configuring Veeam Agent Free on a Debian 8 Linux Instance? Is possible to perform that backup while people is using data stored in that linux machine (database). Sorry for the questions but Linux is out of my confort-zone :D . Thanks in advance.
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1177 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Re: LINUX File Level Backup

Post by nielsengelen » 1 person likes this post

You can perform file level backups, volume level backups and entire computer backups with Linux. Do keep in mind you can't manage the free edition from VBR so a license would be needed for this.
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
Avo
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Francesco Avanzini

Post by Avo »

Ok i understood the need of a license for manage the agent through VBR but is possible to use a repository created in VBR as a backup target for the linux agent file-level backup job? It's also possible perform backup while people is still working? Thank you a lot.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Post by PTide »

Hi,
<...> is possible to use a repository created in VBR as a backup target for the linux agent file-level backup job?
Yes, it is possible. You need to either choose VBR as a destination in local UI, or in VBR agent job settings

Thanks!