Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
robincroneld
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Robin Croneld

Report monthly traffic usage per organization?

Post by robincroneld »

Hello!
As the subject states. Is there any way, with a script, or some other method to report traffic usage when performing backup jobs per organization?
In my case i have a backup-job that runs 2 times per day, every day of the week. And i would like to get a summary per month on traffic usage to make our billing-process to our customer easier.
And in the near future we will have several organization that we perform backup-jobs for in O-365.
Anyone got any tips on how to make this possible?
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1181 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Re: Report monthly traffic usage per organization?

Post by nielsengelen »

This is not built-in directly, v3 does add some reports in terms of storage and license usage for an organization.

The only way I can see how to do this right now is by using a PowerShell script and analyze the backup session logs for the amount of data transferred per job, save this somewhere (in a database for example) and move forward from there.
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
robincroneld
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Robin Croneld

Post by robincroneld »

vmniels wrote: Mar 25, 2019 4:25 pm This is not built-in directly, v3 does add some reports in terms of storage and license usage for an organization.

The only way I can see how to do this right now is by using a PowerShell script and analyze the backup session logs for the amount of data transferred per job, save this somewhere (in a database for example) and move forward from there.

Thanks for the reply vmniels. How would i go about doing this? With the inbuilt commands for Veeam O-365 powershell? Do you have any example commands that can write out that kind of info? Like some examples?
Would be most appreciated. I havent worked around alot with scripts for powershell, but i would gladly learn.
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 705 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Post by Polina »

Hi Robin,

Take a look at the scripting example #5 provided in the VBO PowerShell documentation. The data saved to the $stat variable will include TransferredData parameter, which is essentially the amount of traffic transferred during a job run. Moving further you can use these numbers for further analysis.

Hope this helps.