Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Morgenstern72
Enthusiast
Liked: 13 times
Full Name: Joachim

How to see what was backed up?

Post by Morgenstern72 »

I can see the duration and the size. Since it's almost 6GB on every day (incremental) I am wondering what exact was backed up. Maybe some cache I did not exclude?

How can I see, what was backed up on a single day?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: How to see what was backed up?

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Joachim,

There is no way to return the list of all backed up items unless you trigger a restore task. Please take a look at these existing topics for more explanation why incremental backup might be large.

Thanks!
Morgenstern72
Enthusiast

Post by Morgenstern72 »

"There is no way to return the list of all backed up items unless you trigger a restore task." -> So when I trigger a file restore, where do I see then what was backed up on a certain date?

"Please take a look at these existing topics for more explanation why incremental backup might be large." -> I quickly read through these posts and find CBT issues, but no way to uninstall CBT on a client OS. But thats not the issue right now, it's only how to see which files exactly where backed up on a given date. I guess it's the system files that make up most of the daily inc, but just want to be sure.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Morgenstern72 wrote:So when I trigger a file restore, where do I see then what was backed up on a certain date?
Not exactly, I was not accurate with my response, what I meant is that you will see the current state on that date and all files available for restore (even if they didn't change).
Morgenstern72 wrote:I quickly read through these posts and find CBT issues, but no way to uninstall CBT on a client OS.
No, that's not correct. Most of the reasons for large incremental files are files modifications and highly transactional applications, please check out these links ;)
Morgenstern72
Enthusiast

Post by Morgenstern72 »

So there is no way to see what was backed up on a single day? Some logs maybe?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

No, logs do not save entries for all files. Here is an existing topic with the same question.