Liked: never
Full Name: Veeam System

Get-VBOEntityData : Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Post by elvbr »

Hi,
Case ID: 03469883
Version: 2.0.0.814

I've migrated my VBO365 repository to another server,
by bringing the VBO365 services offline, and then simply using RoboCopy to copy all the repository files to the new location.
Then, I installed a brand new VBO365 server on a VM, and connected it to the repository on it's new location using "\\Server\Share"

I am now trying to use the Get-VBOEntityData cmdlet on this repository to perform some tasks, but receiving the following error:
"Get-VBOEntityData : Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

I've created some new repositories and backed up some users on them, and I am able to run this command on them successfully.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Could this be related to the fact that I've migrated the old repository to a new UNC location and installed a new server?
Is it safe to maybe remove the repository from the VBO365 console and re-add it, in order to try and fix this issue?

Thanks!
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 681 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Re: Get-VBOEntityData : Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Post by Polina »

Hi elvbr,

If I understand it correctly, there were no issues when adding a share as a repository, right?

The databases could get corrupted during the move. To check this, can you stop the proxy service associated with this repository, open Veeam Explorer and add these databases (Add Database -> Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 database)?

Also, which OSs do you run on the VBO server and the server with your repository share?
elvbr
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Veeam System

Post by elvbr »

Hi Polina,

Indeed, there were no issues when adding the repository from the shared UNC path.

I've stopped the proxy service, opened Veeam Explorer for Exchange, and then added the database with no problem, and even browsed some mailboxes and items inside them.

OSs on both VBO365 server and Repository server are Windows Server 2016, same build.

Thanks!
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 681 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Post by Polina »

Hi elvbr,

Your configuration is correct, and the database doesn't seem to be corrupted. If the issue is still present, it'll make sense to re-run the jobs pointed to this repository and get new increments to refresh the data and potentially get the cmdlet to work again.
How your investigation with the support team is going? any success there?