Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
spzsoft
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Basilio Speziale

error connecting Backup server

Post by spzsoft »

I have update a client PC from 1.5 to 2.2 veeam agent, this client backupped to a veeam b&R server and it is in free mode.
the B&R have a license for 2 core for backup virtual machin on a MS cluster and no license for agent.
When reconfigure the bacup repository I have the error message : "Unable to obtain a Veeam Agent for Windows license from the backup server. Sequence contain more one element".
I have:
- delete job from B&R
- Upgrated B&R to the 9.5 up.4a
- On client, uninstall, delete all veeam folder, reg key an Db and reinstall veeam agent
but the error is always the same. If I remember correctly "Sequence contain...." is a dot net frammwork error.

Regards,
Basilio
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Re: error connecting Backup server

Post by DGrinev »

Hi Basilio,

Have you checked in the instances tab if the check box "Allow free agents to consume instances" is cleared?
You can find the information about it in the article here. Thanks!
spzsoft
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Basilio Speziale

Post by spzsoft »

I didn't quite understand happens when I checked the "Allow....".
I don't want take away licenses from job backup of VM in the cluster
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Basilio,
I didn't quite understand happens when I checked the "Allow....".
It should be possible to use free agent with your current setup. You just need to disable this checkbox (as it basically states distribute license to all connected agents and you do not have agent license installed)

Another recommendation is to use the latest version of Veeam Agent for Windows (currently it's v3) with latest version of Veeam B&R 9.5 U4a.
jaimes ronaldo
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Jaimes Ronaldo

[MERGED] Problem in connection between Veeam B&R and Veeam Agent

Post by jaimes ronaldo »

Hello everyone

I am having trouble backing up from the windows agent to the repository located on the backup server.
I have already configured the job, but when I click on "Backup now" it tries to run, but ends up giving an error that says:
"Unable to get Veeam Agent for Windows license from Veeam backup server ......"
Something like that.

But when I go to Veeam B&R's "License" menu it shows that 1 license was used for this workstation that has the agent installed.
Note: I am currently testing in a lab environment only, so I am using Veeam Backup and Replication Community Edition for this purpose on the server, and Veaam Agent for Microsoft Windows Free on the host.

I need some help soon, please.

Thanks in advance :)

* Here is the screenshot of my error: https://s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/cptl ... 49a2ad12f4
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Jaimes, please verify the configuration of the checkbox mentioned in the post above. Should help!