Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
bally@biosparq.nl
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Rob Bally

Feature Request: Include backup schedule options to the backup policies in VBR

Post by bally@biosparq.nl »

Dear Veeam,

I like the sceduling possibilities in Veeam Agent for Windows for standalone. For example backup when network connection is found, every hour but no more dan twice a day. As even Office PC's are not 7x24 hours running, but eigher off, standby of off network.
To allow central management (installation, monitoring, configuration) I bought the licenses to integrate with Veeam B&R. However, the sceduling possibilitis are now very simple and only suitable for PC's running 7x24. Any change the managed agents get the same sceduling options as the standalone agents?

kind regards

Rob Bally
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2877 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Feature Request: Include backup schedule options available in Veeam Agent Free to the backup policies in VBR

Post by HannesK » 1 person likes this post

Hi Bob,
and welcome to the forums.

Please see the screenshots below. Looks quite equal to me.

Did you chose "Workstation" as the job type (first step in wizard)?

Best regards,
Hannes
bally@biosparq.nl
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Rob Bally

Re: Feature Request: Include backup schedule options available in Veeam Agent Free to the backup policies in VBR

Post by bally@biosparq.nl » 1 person likes this post

Thanks HannesK,

Problem solved. Matter of how to interpret the manual. The agents can be used in so many modes I got confused. I choose "Server" in the thirst step as I wanted to integrate with VBR Server :oops: As you cannot change it afterwards, you have to create a new job in order to to able to select it and to find out.

thanks

Rob