Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
hakbul
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Håkan Bulin

Mirroring to cloud repository

Post by hakbul »

Hi all,

We have a Veeam Cloud Repository in our serverroom.
To that storage I want to mirrror a backup that is on a Qnap NAS in another location at one of our clients.
Is it possible to do that and what Veeam software should I use?

Best regards

//Hakan
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: Mirroring to cloud repository

Post by wishr »

Hi Hakan,

Welcome to Veeam Community Forums and thanks for posting your question!

Yes, you can use Backup Copy to Cloud Connect. If you have any additional questions - just let us know.

Thanks
hakbul
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Håkan Bulin

Post by hakbul »

Hi Wishr,

Well that solution is not applicable. The Qnap NAS is attached to the network not the USB-connection straight computer
where Veeam Backup and Replication software is installed.
When trying to configure a backup job in Veeam Backup and Replication Workstation Edition it can't see any networkattached devices or disks.
So how do I do this?

Best regards
Hakan
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi Hakan,

You configure Backup Copy Job on the customer's B&R server, not on your end, thus the customer should specify your "Veeam Cloud Repository" as a target for Backup Copy job, as mentioned in the guide I shared in the post above. The steps required to prepare the infrastructure on your end are described in Cloud Connect Admin Guide.

Maybe I have got your use-case incorrectly, if so, please share a bit more detailed information regarding your willingness to use Cloud Connect, backup infrastructure architecture design on the customer side and your side, the overall backup workflow, etc.

In short, if you are not willing to use Cloud Connect, the process is quite similar: you establish the network connectivity between the customer and your network, then configure Backup Copy Jobs on the customer end.

Regards,
Fedor
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Post by DGrinev »

hakbul wrote: Apr 08, 2019 8:08 pm
When trying to configure a backup job in Veeam Backup and Replication Workstation Edition...

Hakan
Hi,

Can you clarify is it Veeam B&R that you're using or Veeam Agent for Windows, since you've mentioned Workstation Edition I assume it can be the Agent. Thanks!