Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
zadrian
Expert
Liked: 4 times

VBR Enterprise Plus CPU license and Veeam one

Post by zadrian »

I have this message in the licensing portal for 10 VBR CPU licenses...for VMware

For all Perpetual Licenses with CPU Sockets, Veeam Backup & Replication and Veeam ONE products will enable additional FREE Instance licenses to be available for use - one Instance per each CPU Socket with maximum up to 6 Instances. In case the Subscription License Key is installed, the FREE Instances will no longer be available. This applies as well to license keys merged from Perpetual and Subscription licenses.
For Veeam ONE, these FREE instances can only be used on monitoring and reporting on Veeam Agents from the connected Veeam Backup & Replication.

Does it mean I can use Veeam one to monitor my VMs ?
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: VBR Enterprise Plus CPU license and Veeam one

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
Does it mean I can use Veeam one to monitor my VMs ?
in general, VM monitoring is available for free, so the general answer is "yes". The text above is about agents monitoring whether they where backed up.

Best regards,
Hannes
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: VBR Enterprise Plus CPU license and Veeam one

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Veeam ONE standalone (perpetual) is licensed by the number of hosts (sockets) you want to monitor. If we are talking about Veeam Availability Suite (Veeam B&R + Veeam ONE) like in the case above, then these FREE (aka "built-in") instances are consumed for monitoring Veeam Agents managed by Veeam Backup & Replication only, while keeping an ability to monitor Veeam B&R and VM performance based on the existing socket base license. This license is cut for the entire infrastructure you want to protect/monitor/report on. Hope this helps!