Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
shoaib_ahmed
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Shoaib Ahmed

Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager

Post by shoaib_ahmed »

Hello,

We have Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager configured in our environment.
Daily notifications are set, but as you can see below we are just getting this information.

"Subject: Last 24 hours: 34 Errors, 25 Warnings, 82 Successes

Summary of last sessions for all jobs:
34 Errors, 25 Warnings, 82 Successes

http://...:9443/default.aspx "

How is it that we can find out from where the summary of last session is calculated. we tried to find out in the our Enterprise manager portal but unable to tally the jobs available there with the email.

Can someone please be more specific to help us find out or to change the content of the email to "Summary of Last 24 hours" instead of sessions, or please define sessions.

And for Veeam we would like them to add the export of the jobs to the email to make our life's more easier, so that we can easily manage with the help of Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager.

Thanks alot.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager

Post by foggy »

Hi, I'm not sure I fully understand your issue. Do you mean you'd like to see the information about all job runs occurred during the day, not just about their last sessions?
shoaib_ahmed
Influencer

Post by shoaib_ahmed »

Hi Foggy,

I just want to know from where i am getting the content of the email.

"Subject: Last 24 hours: 34 Errors, 25 Warnings, 82 Successes

Summary of last sessions for all jobs:
34 Errors, 25 Warnings, 82 Successes

http://...:9443/default.aspx "

The summary of the last sessions of all jobs, where can i find the last sessions of all job? When i tried to look for the last sessions on the enterprise manager portal I could only find

Summary
Backup servers
Jobs
Machines
Templates

The job number here doesn't match with the email which was sent by Enterprise manager.

Thanks,
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

If you check there the third table from the right - Last 24 hours, what information can you see? Thanks!
shoaib_ahmed
Influencer

Post by shoaib_ahmed »

Last 24 hours information is fine. If we add up the successful jobs + running + warnings + failed.

But this Last sessions of all jobs is the one we need to figure our.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

I'm not sure I understand what does confuse you. Is it the fact that the sum of all last sessions doesn't add up to the overal number of jobs?
shoaib_ahmed
Influencer

Post by shoaib_ahmed »

i am being as clear as possible. i just want to understand from where Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager is collection the summary of last session of all jobs and publishing via email.

Thanks.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

I believe it just takes all the jobs that ran at least once during the last 24 hours and sums up stats for the last runs for these jobs (excluding job retries). Btw, you can configure the subject line of this notifiction.
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

The summary of the last sessions of all jobs, where can i find the last sessions of all job? When i tried to look for the last sessions on the enterprise manager portal I could only find
This is not summary of last job sessions, it's just an infrastructure summary: number of managed backup servers, number of configured jobs, number of backed up machines and number of backed up templates.

Thus, it doesn't match the number of job sessions reported in the Last 24 hours table and in the email report.

Thanks!
shoaib_ahmed
Influencer

Post by shoaib_ahmed »

foggy wrote: Apr 10, 2019 4:07 pm I believe it just takes all the jobs that ran at least once during the last 24 hours and sums up stats for the last runs for these jobs (excluding job retries). Btw, you can configure the subject line of this notifiction.
I can alter the information i am getting in the subject line, as information provided in the link (i tried it earlier as well). But me and my management is more tilted towards the information we are getting from the content of the email, which is Summary of last session of all jobs and that information I cannot alter on Enterprise Management portal.

Just want to get insight on summary of last session of all jobs and is there any way i can export a detailed report of this summary.
shoaib_ahmed
Influencer

Post by shoaib_ahmed »

v.eremin wrote: Apr 10, 2019 6:05 pm This is not summary of last job sessions, it's just an infrastructure summary: number of managed backup servers, number of configured jobs, number of backed up machines and number of backed up templates.

Thus, it doesn't match the number of job sessions reported in the Last 24 hours table and in the email report.

Thanks!
Thanks for the information.
Where can i find Summary of last session of all jobs on the Enterprise Manager portal then. Any particular tab on the portal or any report with the information that we are getting in the email.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

If you select the Jobs tab, you can see the last run results for all of them, but there's no accumulated stats like you receive in e-mail report.
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Where can i find Summary of last session of all jobs on the Enterprise Manager portal then.
As I've said, the information provided in the Last 24 hours table in EM and the information provided in the email report are the same. Thanks!
shoaib_ahmed
Influencer

Post by shoaib_ahmed »

foggy wrote: Apr 11, 2019 1:25 pm If you select the Jobs tab, you can see the last run results for all of them, but there's no accumulated stats like you receive in e-mail report.
Hello Foggy,

Thanks for information, anyhow we are getting some number for the last session of all jobs, but we are unable to confirm those numbers with the information provided in the EM.
If there is feature added in the future updates, it will be very helpful

Thanks,
shoaib_ahmed
Influencer

Post by shoaib_ahmed »

v.eremin wrote: Apr 11, 2019 1:57 pm As I've said, the information provided in the Last 24 hours table in EM and the information provided in the email report are the same. Thanks!
hello v.eremin,

I am not looking for last 24 hours table, that information is fine.

I am looking for the other information from the email, Summary of last sessions for all jobs. That information I am unable to verify on EM.

Thanks,