Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
jbuffard
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Julien Buffard

[Solaris] Release for integration of "AIX/Solaris Veeam Agents" in Veeam Backup & Replication

Post by jbuffard » 1 person likes this post

Hello,

I haven't seen anything about this on the forum or in Veeam's documentation, so I'm asking here (as advised in this topic : physical-cloud-f49/forum-for-aix-solari ... ml#p295701 ). Sorry in advance if this question has been asked some place else.
I would like to know if you have an estimated time of release for the integration of the "AIX/Solaris Veeam Agent" backups in Veeam Backup & Replication ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.
Rick.Vanover
Veeam Software
Liked: 167 times
Full Name: Rick Vanover

Re: Release for integration of "AIX/Solaris Veeam Agents" in Veeam Backup & Replication

Post by Rick.Vanover » 1 person likes this post

Hi Julien - we have not announced future capabilities for the AIX and Solaris agent but I can tell you that the top 3 requests (in the order I see them) are:

1. Centralized management of the Agents for AIX and Solaris
2. Enterprise application support
3. Storage target options other than NFS shares

That being said, for #1 - what seems to be the natural choice would be inside of Veeam Backup & Replication as the other agents are there.

Thanks!
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: Release for integration of "AIX/Solaris Veeam Agents" in Veeam Backup & Replication

Post by PTide » 1 person likes this post

Hi Julien,

There is no ETA yet, however, as Rick has mentioned, we have a keen interest in delivering integration as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, if you could share some of your base requirements (aside from integration) regarding AIX/Solaris Agent, that would be great. For example, on what system do you intend to use the Agent, the number of those system (LPARs/zones), approximate total volume of data to be backed up, some application requirements, security considerations, and so on. If you don't feel like sharing that info on this public forum, you can shoot me a PM.

Thanks!
jbuffard
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Julien Buffard

Post by jbuffard »

Hi,

Thank you both for you kind and quick answers.
I'm looking forward to hear some news about this.

As for what we intend to use the Veeam Agent on, it is going to be a very small amount of servers (maybe 1 or 2 Solaris and unlikely AIX servers, we still need to figure out the complete list).
I can give you some specs in PM, but it might be disappointing for you ;)

Thanks again for your precious replies.
PTide
Product Manager

Post by PTide » 1 person likes this post

I can give you some specs in PM, but it might be disappointing for you
"Maybe, who am I to judge?" ;)

Well, jokes aside - the agent is a subject to a massive improvement, so I would appreciate any specs and requirements, even the most challenging for us. That is, yes, please PM me some details so we could get an even better understanding of what else we must take into account. One of the most interesting questions for us is - what tools and approaches do you utilize to manage the existing softaware in your Unix infrastructure.

Thanks!
Soeren Lorenz
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Lorenz Sören

Re: [Solaris] Release for integration of "AIX/Solaris Veeam Agents" in Veeam Backup & Replication

Post by Soeren Lorenz »

Hello,
can someone say if there is a date when the the agent for ibm AIX is fully integrated in Veeam Backup and Replication?

Thanks a lot.
PTide
Product Manager

Re: [Solaris] Release for integration of "AIX/Solaris Veeam Agents" in Veeam Backup & Replication

Post by PTide »

Hi Lorenz,

By "fully integrated" you mean "deploy and configure agents from VBR" ? If this is the case, then there is no ETA yet, at least I cannot share one.

Thanks!
jjackson852
Lurker
Full Name: James Jackson

Post by jjackson852 »

Any update on an ETA for this?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Post by Gostev »

Usually, we don't share ETA until its close to being released. But it's in active development.
nazeem1
Lurker
Full Name: Mohammad Nazeem Durgahee

Post by nazeem1 »

When does Veeam plan to integrate agent for AIX and Solaris as this is a feature everybody is waiting for.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Post by Gostev »

Soon™