Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
nmdange
Veteran
Liked: 142 times

Feature Request: Specify start time for hourly copy jobs

Post by nmdange »

So I have a backup copy job that I want to run every 12 hours, at 12am and at 12pm. However, if I select an hourly schedule and specify it to run every 12 hours, the start time on the interval seems to be set to when I created the job. I assume I could wait until 12pm and do "sync now" to reset the interval, but it would be nice if you could specify the start hour like you can for jobs that are scheduled for once per day.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Re: Feature Request: Specify start time for hourly copy jobs

Post by Gostev »

Can you explain your use case? What are you trying to do: are you doing two backups per day, and want to copy those backups as soon as they appear?
nmdange
Veteran
Liked: 142 times

Post by nmdange »

That's the general idea. Right now the copy job doesn't line up to when the primary job runs so the copy job waits several hours before picking up the next recovery point. Most of the jobs I have run once per day so the copy job interval is set to start at the exact same time the primary job starts.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

That's because it has already copied previous restore point during the current copy interval, so it waits for the next interval to start. If you want to line it up with the source job, you can set it to "look only forward" with the help of the BackupCopyLookFoward registry value, so it wait for the backup job to finish, new restore point to appear and then start processing.