PowerShell script exchange
ryan.williams
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ryan Williams

Exporting ALL documents from Sharepoint 2013 MDF Backup

Post by ryan.williams »

Hello all,

I am working on a license remediation project for a client who has a Microsoft audit coming up. Turns out they have too many Sharepoint 2013 servers and not enough licenses. Instead of paying upwards of $10k for an additional license, they want to just export all of the documents currently in Sharepoint and put them in a traditional file share. I've tried convincing them to migrate to Sharepoint Online instead since they already have that licensing in place, but they want to clean it up and change things around before moving it into Sharepoint Online.

Anywho...I am trying to use Veeam to accomplish this. So far I have been able to mount a backup of the MDF within Veeam Explorer for Sharepoint and browse through the structure, and export files out. However, they have a TON of libraries and going through all of them one by one and exporting manually through the GUI is going to be a long and tedious process.

Question is, is this something that can be scripted? Anyone have experience doing something like this and have a script or something to share that can set me off on the right path? It would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Ryan
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Exporting ALL documents from Sharepoint 2013 MDF Backup

Post by veremin »

Should be possible with Veeam Explorer for MS Share Point PowerShell module; might be worth reviewing this section of online help center. Thanks!