Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
snadam
Influencer
Liked: never

Timeline for Backblaze B2 storage Plug-in?

Post by snadam »

In a blog post over on the Backblaze site https://www.backblaze.com/blog/backing- ... nology-b2/ a commenter asks about a Backblaze B2 direct API Plug-in. To which a Backblaze site Mod replies :
That is expected to happen, but it's on Veeam's schedule. We are providing solutions that will work for B2 customers in the meantime. I suggest that you ask Veeam when they are planning to ship support for B2. The more people they hear from, the more likely it is to happen sooner.
The solution he's referring to is a kluge method of using Synology's CloudSync to push backup files to Backblaze. While it works, it requires one own a Synology storage device, it's got issues with timing, no common dashboard, and far less functionality when compared to direct Veeam support.

I and others have the same question, when can we expect to see Backblaze B2 storage as an integrated Plug-in storage option in Veeam Backup and Replication?

Thanks

PS. It would be cool to have the ability in the Agent for Windows but, VBR is my main concern.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6693 times

Re: Timeline for Backblaze B2 storage Plug-in?

Post by Gostev »

Hello!

I'm unable to open the link you've provided, please double check if it's correct?

Unfortunately, Backblaze site Mod has misinformed you: such plug-in was never planned by Veeam. And the statement that "it's on Veeam's schedule" is a false one. Also, the number of people we hear from doesn't really matter, because we don't do plug-ins for cloud storage in principle (there's simply no such framework in the product). Instead, we chose to rely on industry-standard S3 API, so we support any cloud storage that provides S3 interface - for example Wasabi.

Thanks!