Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mmartin
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Michael Martin

Some replication Queries

Post by mmartin »

Hi all,

I have trying (not very successfully mind you) to setup replication between our office and a DR site. I have a couple of questions

1. Anybody seen where you kick off the replication and it just sits there for ages saying 0bytes completed at 0 KB/s - could be up to an hour and then it starts to replicate.

2. As the two networks are not talking to each other can I just start up all the vm's on the other side for testing purposes or is there a way to test using veeam without affecting the live site - I am replicating our whole environment. Two networks are on same subnet but the VPN between them is Natted.

3. Have people had much success with replicating over a WAN link, we just seem to have issue after issue trying to get it all working....?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2722 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Some replication Queries

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Michael,
mmartin wrote:1. Anybody seen where you kick off the replication and it just sits there for ages saying 0bytes completed at 0 KB/s - could be up to an hour and then it starts to replicate.
It would be better to involve our support team on this issue. Based on replication job log files they will be able to tell you what exactly is causing this.
mmartin wrote:2. As the two networks are not talking to each other can I just start up all the vm's on the other side for testing purposes or is there a way to test using veeam without affecting the live site - I am replicating our whole environment. Two networks are on same subnet but the VPN between them is Natted.
If you want to test your replicas, please have a look at our [FAQ] v5 : Frequently Asked Questions > Answers topic for more info on how to do it.
mmartin wrote:3. Have people had much success with replicating over a WAN link, we just seem to have issue after issue trying to get it all working....?
Yes, of course, please see existing topics for the details > http://www.veeam.com/forums/search.php? ... eplication

Thanks.