Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
fgw
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Franz Glatzer

different retention settings

Post by fgw »

i have a daily back job which performs reverse incremental backups with a retention setting of 28 days

this results in a full backup every single day and incremental backup for the last 27 days

now i would like to run a backup to tape job every saturday to copy the full backup and just the last 7 incremental to tape!

was searching through the options, but cant find a way to achieve this!

may be this is simply not supported?

would be so easy if backup to tape job when configuring the incremental backup would allow to select the amount of days to be saved to tape ...
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: different retention settings

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Franz,

You cannot change the type of the source backup job within the tape job (i.e. if you add reversed incremental backup job as a source for backup to tape job - resulting backup on tape will be reversed incremental). Kindly take a look at this Help Center article to learn more about backup to tape job and let us know if you have any questions. Cheers!
fgw
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Franz Glatzer

Post by fgw »

i dont want to change backup type!

i want to backup the reverse incremental to tape as it is on disk! only difference is, that i dont want to save all 27 restore points to tape, but just the last 7 restore points!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Not possible, as backup to tape job will copy only the latest full backup, skipping incremental ones. Thanks!