Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Suderman
Enthusiast
Liked: never

v3 suggestions

Post by Suderman »

Hello,

I'm testing version 3 and I have 2 suggestions.

1)
what I'd like to see in the future is sth. that I've suggested few months ago as "Reversed replication".

I'll give You an example. I'm replicating several virtual machines from one SAN storage to another.
Then I'm forced to switch to replica due to source SAN failure or maintenance (disk firmware upgrade or whatever).

After 2 days of using replica vm machine I'm ready to get back to source vm becouse source storage is back online.
But replica has changed so much during this 2 days that I don't want to get back and I cannot rollback vm to state from 2 days ago.

I know I can leave the replica running, migrate vm's disks back into source Storage and from now on use it as primary machine
but it generates some problems ... it's time consuming, vm is not protected after such operation, name of the virtual disks are changed on replica, backup storage must be cleaned up , replication job probably set up again, so generally back to normal operation is not so smooth as it should.

So I was thinking that changes that was made during this 2 days could be somehow integrated back into source vm (Reversed Replication).
At least You should have the choice to do it or not.
After failover replica vm is running on snapshot so maybe it would be possible to integrate it with source vm after all back to normal.

In my opinion This feature could greatly improve Veaam Backup.

2)
jobs launched manually from Veaam Backup console are crashing if You want to log off from Server where Veeam Backup is installed.

Thanks.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: v3 suggestions

Post by Gostev »

Hello, thank you for our feedback. We do keep both of these features in mind for the future releases.
beckhamk
Enthusiast

Post by beckhamk »

Wow - good catch we have had that happen a few times:

>2) jobs launched manually from Veaam Backup console are crashing if You want to log off from Server where Veeam Backup is installed.

We can confirm this behavior.
pops106
Enthusiast
Full Name: Jody Popplewell

Post by pops106 »

Yes I too would love to see a "reversed" replication option.

Cheers
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

I can confirm that this feature is quite common request, so it is high in the list of our priorities.

Manually started job crashing on logoff is basically a bug due to the current design, we are aware about it and it will be addressed. But it does not affect scheduled jobs.