Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
ONServ
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Nicolas OLIVIER

How to disable auto-backup after inseting a new disk

Post by ONServ »

Hi,
We have a very annoying settings. When the night-scheduled backup doesn't happen (disk full etc..) the backup is auto launch when the user replace the disk. It's happen on the morning and it make the computer/server sooooooo slow. The cancelling is very long and users don'y have access to do that.

How to disable this behavior plz ?

Thanks
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: How to disable auto-backup after inseting a new disk

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Nicolas,

Open Veeam Agent for Windows job settings, go to Schedule step and uncheck the box backup when storage is connected. To make sure that backup job does not consume too much resources, make sure that throttle backup activity remain checked at the application's settings tab (Menu > Settings). Cheers!
ONServ
Influencer

Post by ONServ »

Hi,
Thanks,
I didn't understand in this way this "connected option" until now. But I don't understand why the eject option is linked to that. In my case I still want the USB media to be jected after job completed for crypto proection.
The Throttle option is checked but didn't stop the backup :-/
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Nicolas,

Unfortunately automatic USB drive ejection works only with backup when storage is connected event, so there is no way to configure it without it. I'll note a feature request based on your feedback, thank you!
The Throttle option is checked but didn't stop the backup :-/
It does not stop the backup job, instead it gives the backup process 'background' priority on the Operating System level to make sure backup job consumes less RAM/CPU.
ONServ
Influencer

Post by ONServ » 1 person likes this post

Ok, thanks for your help for everything.
We start looking/playing with the new 3.0 version. The multiple backup job seems to be exactly what we need but the paid version seems to be buy only by pack :-/ We sell server one by one to our non profit client so it's not the perfect selling pack for us.

Thanks again for your job and product