Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Ash_Silva
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ash Silva

Backup failing - The volume does not contain a recognized file system

Post by Ash_Silva »

Support case ID# 03539982

Hi,

I have a Veeam B&R backup job failing to a cloud connect provider with the following error;

'02/05/19 8:28:37 AM :: Error: Failed to call RPC function 'FcCreateDir': The volume does not contain a recognized file system. Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted. Cannot create folder. Folder path: [\<job name>].

Veeam B&R is V9.5.4.2615, and the guest OS is Windows SBS 2011 V6.1 Build 7601 - is this a matter of the OS not being supported by Veeam?

I've tried creating a new backup job but get the same error. The normal daily on-prem backups we have configured through StorageCraft Shadow Protect have been working fine. I have limited experience with Veeam B&R, so any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Ash
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Backup failing - The volume does not contain a recognized file system

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Ash,

SBS 2011 is supported. Can you please clarify if you have application aware processing enabled in the job settings or not? If yes, please double check that account set for application processing has admin permissions on the machine you are backing up. Cheers!