Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
InFrance
Influencer
Liked: never

Veeam on an RDS 2016 server

Post by InFrance »

Hi,

We have a main site with a dedicated local Veeam server (9.5) for local and tape backup
I would like to start using Veeam cloud connect for off-site replications but we only have a small off-site configuration (domain controller, Oracle server, Microsoft Exchange and an RDS 2016 server)
I currently do not have the ressouces required to install a dedicated Veeam server.
I am therefore thinking of installing it on the windows RDS 2016 to manage VCC replications.

The server has sufficient ressources and is only used in the afternoons, Monday to Friday so would not interfere with replications running during the night and at weekends.

I realise that this setup is not ideal but is there any reason why this would not work or would cause any problems?

Any information would be great

Many Thanks
bdufour
Expert
Liked: 41 times
Full Name: blake dufour

Re: Veeam on an RDS 2016 server

Post by bdufour »

i assume there is some sort connectivity (circuit) btw the main site and other site so they can talk to each other, so why not just use the instance of veeam at the main site for everything? everything is managed through one console, jobs wont overlap, easier to manage.
InFrance
Influencer
Liked: never

Re: Veeam on an RDS 2016 server

Post by InFrance »

Hi,
Thank you for your reply
Yes, we have a high speed link between the 2 sites
The main reason I wanted to install VEEAM at the secondary site was for disaster recovery purposes. In the event the main site was out, I would still be able to access Veeam and perform restores and replica failovers.