PowerShell script exchange
StefanSchmidbauer
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Stefan Schmidbauer

PowerShell Sample

Post by StefanSchmidbauer »

Hi,

Im looking for a real, non-abstract and working PowerShell Sample to start some Backup Jobs in Veeam B&R 4.0.1 on Win 2008 R2 . I've searched in the forums, tried a few things, none of it worked. I've checked the CHM file coming with the Product, found no real samples there. The Command help shows me i might do it right, but i can't see the problem. Usually i would not consider myself a total idiot.

I've tried following (File1 is the Name of my job, let's say 00000-00000 is the ID of the job):

Start-VBRJob File1 -> doesn't work
Start-VBRJob 00000-00000 -> doesn't work

I have also tried all sorts of weird combinations with command / value like: command "value", command, 'value', command <value>, command(value) and so on. I don't provide a error log here because its not relevant in my opinion, i have all commands available in the PowerShell, Get-VBRJob does return all my Jobs, the Problem clearly is in the syntax, I am definitly not mistyping, please help me :|
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: PowerShell Sample

Post by Gostev »

Some examples for v4 are available in this topic > Veeam Backup v4 wait command. I would also recommend that you upgrade to the latest product version, as 4.0.1 is about 1.5 years old release. You will find tons more script samples for v5. Also, previous version support is limited in case you have to take this to support. Thanks.