Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
arsprod
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Aaron Spiegel

where's the readme.txt file

Post by arsprod »

I'm getting failed replicas with " If you are using initial replica seeding, please follow the instruction from the readme.txt file in the chosen seeding location..." messages. I'm not finding readme.txt files on the datastore where the replicas are being copied. What am I missing?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: where's the readme.txt file

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Aaron,

This readme.txt file is automatically created and placed near VM files on the portable device where initial seeding is performed to. If you experience issues with replication job not related to initial seeding operation, please reach our support team directly and provide full log files for further investigation.

Thanks.
arsprod
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Aaron Spiegel

Post by arsprod »

please be a little more specific - near vm files on the portable device? I'm replicating to datastore on a san and not finding the readme.txt file
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Aaron, readme.txt will only be created when you replicate to a portable device (aka perform initial seeding). Looks like your problem has nothing to do with initial seeding at all, so you do not need to check out this file. Please contact our support team for debug logs investigation and further troubleshooting steps. Thanks.