Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
pob579
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times

notif no tape in drive... but expired tapes are loaded

Post by pob579 »

Hi,
after resolving the issue of Tape Backup infra after the latest VEEAM update in April, this Monday I have all weekend jobs failed.

What I see...
1. in notification e-mails all jobs failed with the error : no tape in drive

2. checking Veeam console. Tapes are in drive and loaded.

when checked the Media Pool, I found that loaded tapes are actually expire in June.

I decided to ask forum before opening the case ... may be I am missing something, but isn't VEEAM should not load NOT expired tapes into the drives?
They are simply will not accept any writing. Why they are loaded? Not logical for me (but it's for me :) ).
Is it a normal behavior? There are 20 other expired tapes...
Thanks.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: notif no tape in drive... but expired tapes are loaded

Post by Dima P. »

Hello pob579,

Can you please confirm that job in the question aims the media pool with the affected tapes ? Thank you!
pob579
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times

Post by pob579 »

Hi,
see please screenshots on my onedrive (cannot attach files). They may give you more ideas on what happened

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Av7GxVRWTkZlggy5ESwMwW46DQJl

There is one POOL that serves all jobs. Nothing was change for more than a year. Beside April's patch.
Again, I believe there should be some application intelligence for preventing load the drives with non expired media and then generate the message: no media.

As I mentioned last week all scheduled jobs were perfectly proceeded, after fixing the PATCH problem that affected non tape ejection.

Thanks.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Thank you for sharing screenshots. Unfortunately the behavior looks unexpected, so please open the case with support team and share the case ID with us. Cheers!