Expert
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: DS

Missing Backup Jobs!

Post by flavor4real »

:!: Hello,
How is everybody today?...

My Scenario:
My Veeam Backup Application started to display a error once I selected the JOBS selection. I looked at the version and it was 5.0.2.224, which was strange because I've upgraded to 5.0.2.230 last week and verified it too. Since the error message pointed to a query, I've asked the SQL guys if they changed anything and they said no.

So, I tried to install the x.x.230 upgrade and after successful upgrade, it still showed up as x.x.224. Therefore I moved a copy of the complete Veeam folder (c:\programs\..) to a another location and uninstalled the x.x.224 and reinstalled the x.x.230 version. I chose the same veeam database (there was no other option available).

Now, once open the Veeam backup application the correct version is displayed and no error messages is displayed either... BUT all the JOBS are gone. What do I have to do?? I pointed to the right DB,...
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6699 times

Re: Missing Backup Jobs!

Post by Gostev »

Hard to say what you have done wrong. All jobs should be there, if you pointed the new install to the same DB instance and database. People are doing something like this all the time when moving Veeam Backup server between servers. Sounds like you did not select correct DB, and it just created new one (empty). Just looks inside SQL server with its SQL Manager, you will likely see two databases there with different names ;) Thanks.
flavor4real
Expert

Post by flavor4real »

I talked to the SQL admins and they have not implemented a patch/ update or change. The Veeam Support recommended to uninstall complete and reinstall. I still received the error when i clicked the Job button in the application (error below).

""The query has been canceled because the estimated cost of this query
(6195) exceeds the configured threshold of 1000".

So, the SQL don't know anything but don't exclude anything. I'll uninstall all veeam products and then reinstall land point to the SQL db again and go from there.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6699 times

Post by Gostev »

Oh, then it sounds like you did point to correct database, and some data is in fact there. Looks like something else went wrong here. Good to hear that you are already in touch with our support... kindly please post an update here when you have this resolved. Thanks.
flavor4real
Expert

Estimated cost query/ Missing Backup Jobs/ incorrect ver. er

Post by flavor4real »

Here is the solution:

Error1:
A upgrade to x.x.230 was successful but the HELP > ABOUT > still displayed x.x.2.224 version.

Error2:
If you have the Veeam Backup Application open and click JOBS to view the Backup Job List, and you receive a error message saying.

""The query has been canceled because the estimated cost of this query
(6195) exceeds the configured threshold of 1000".

//
I had to uninstall the Veeam Backup an Replication Software AND the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager, reboot, and reinstall both. This solved my issue of the estimated cost query error above and fixed the issue where a update to x.x.2.230 showed success but the HELP > ABOUT > continued to display the x.x.2.224 version.

thanks