Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
jreinhardtIV4
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Jacob Reinhardt

Permission Guidance for Access to VO365 Console

Post by jreinhardtIV4 »

I am deploying a dedicated Veeam for Office 365 server instance for a specific customer (i.e. not a multi-tenant environment). I am trying to setup an account on the server that will not have full administrator rights to the underlying server, but will have full admin permissions to the Veeam for Office 365 application. Is this possible? Not finding any documentation about it. What are the local permissions required for a user to login to the Veeam for Office 365 console? Thank you.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Permission Guidance for Access to VO365 Console

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Jacob,

Local admin permission is required to launch the VBO console > Launching Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365

Thanks!
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Jacob,

Vitaliy is correct. However, I am assuming that you will give this customer access to a console which won't be installed directly on that server? If it is through a jumpbox, you might be able to remove the RDP rights to that box for the user
jreinhardtIV4
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Jacob Reinhardt

Post by jreinhardtIV4 »

Thank you for your feedback. The network is isolated as well, so I am looking t needing to grant RDP as well, but I will keep your idea in my back pocket since that would work for other deployments. Thank you!