PowerShell script exchange
stephenspann27
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: stephen c spann

Automate Publishing of DB's daily

Post by stephenspann27 »

Has anyone looked into scripting the publishing of databases? Publishing is a new feature that was added in update 4. Our DBAs have requested that a DB be published from the latest backup, to a different (different from the source) server daily. Right now, the publish feature is tied to the user's console session in the B&R console. This is very limiting... if my console session times out (I gotta figure out why that's happening) or if I close the dialog box, the DB is unpublished. I'm grateful for the new publishing feature, but this powerful feature could be put to better use with some changes to the code. Ideally, in the backup job setup, you could specify that after the back up runs, the DB be pushed to "x" VM afterward.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2889 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Automate Publishing of DB's daily

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
and welcome to the forums.

So you say that the Publish-VESQLDatabase cmdlet does not work / gets a timeout? I'm not sure because you mention that you open the console which makes no sense to me as you wrote to the powershell forum?

Best regards,
Hannes
stephenspann27
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: stephen c spann

Post by stephenspann27 »

Hannes,
I didn't know whether it was possible to publish the DB's with powershell.
Thanks
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

You might have missed that, but functionality was added in Update 4, the same time similar feature was added to VESQL. Thanks!