Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
Hydrogen
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Darius

Errors in newly installed VBO v3

Post by Hydrogen »

I received the following two errors, for which I do not have an explanation and could use guidance:

1. For a shared Mailbox which *DOES* exist in our tenant:
Processing mailbox ******@*******.onmicrosoft.com failed with error: Cannot access mailbox.. Failed to access mailbox.. Mailbox does not exist.

2. For a SharePoint site which does *NOT* exist in our tenant:
Failed to process site: https://********.sharepoint.com/sites/********. The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Please provide guidance and thank you.

Note: I am running within the 10 user free license limit so I do not have a support case ID.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Errors in newly installed VBO v3

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Hydrogen,

First: Welcome to the forums
Second: You actually can create a support case with the community edition. We just don't deliver an SLA on it, but we will assist.
Third: That specific mailbox, can you look at the permissions. If we can't access the mailbox, it mostly means that there are no permissions. For the SharePoint site, that is something else. It must be somewhere in your job otherwise we won't search for it
Hydrogen
Novice

Post by Hydrogen »

Mike -

Thank you.

I have opened a case with support as the Mailbox issue remains. I checked and there is nothing different for this vs the other shared mailbox from a permissions issue.

The SharePoint site turned out to be a MS Teams workgroup/team which I did not need and deleted, but had we needed it, I would have to wonder why it was erroring out.

-Darius
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Darius,

Did you remove that team site out of the job afterwards? It is probably an o365 group that you selected at a certain moment.

Keep us informed when you know more about the support case.
Thanks
Mike
Hydrogen
Novice

Post by Hydrogen »

Mike,

Deleted the team altogether. I had the entire organization selected for backup with no exclusions at the time.

Separately, I now have the shared mailbox in question excluded to get the job to succeed.

Will let you know once support reaches out and we have more info.