Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
yakov63
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Yakov Ravitz

Can I manually inject vib into vbk to avoid impossible traffic.

Post by yakov63 »

Hello.
I trying use veeam for backup via internet. I installed veeam on server and make full+14 day backup locally.
I tried use vpn channel but it crashes and I nees every crash start 200 gb file from the beginning.
so ...
To move backups to me from the server via internet I using Filezilla and some program like emule.
So I take 200 Gb full backup and this take 10 day. In the following 4 day I take all incrementals.
After that I say "yes-s-s-s" and prepare to take only one incremental dayly.
but ..... at the next day changes the full backup because first increment injected to it.
And I need to start download 200 Gb again.
The only solution I see in utility that inject first increment to full at me so my full will be identical to the full in remote server.
Do you have such utility ?

With Best Regards
Yakov
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2889 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Can I manually inject vib into vbk to avoid impossible traffic.

Post by HannesK »

Hello Yakov,
First: for transmission over WAN, we have the "backup copy job" in the full product "Backup & Replication". Doing backups directly over WAN is not recommended.

On the other hand, I know customers doing what you do. If your destination storage is an SMB / CIFS share, then this needs to be replaced by a real Veeam repository to avoid the merges / injects go over WAN.

So the "tool" you are looking for is Veeam Backup and Replication.

Best regards,
Hannes