Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Jneau
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Repository Netapp CIFS - Bug Update4a

Post by Jneau »

We migrated to a new Veeam server in 2016 version 9.5 u4a. We used the process of "restore". The CIFS repository is accessible via an AD account. In addition, CIFS sharing is accessible from the server, we can read and write without problem with the same account used for the share repository. We have done several rescan repositories with the same account successfully. We also tested to create another successful CISF account.

When o backup job started :
Below the message:

Code: Select all

21/05/2019 14:54:56 :: Processing vcenter-xxx Error: The network path was not found
Failed to open storage for read / write access. Storage: [\ xx.xx.xx.xx \ xxxx_cifs_backup_xx_01 \ Backup vCenter \ xxxx vCenter - xx - To Vol01Dxxxx-05-21T145455_9CCF.vib].
Agent failed to process method {Stg.OpenReadWrite}.
The CIFS repository is a NETAPP FAS2554 array, we restarted it.

For test, we created another CIFS repository to a windows virtual machine, a job was executed successfully.

Bug CIFS netapp version and update 4a?

A case is open at veeam since 14h this afternoon.

Thank you for your feedback,

Jul,
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Repository Netapp CIFS - Bug Update4a

Post by veremin »

I wouldn't suspect bug or something, as the issue looks like a connectivity or permission problem. Kindly, keep working with our support team on addressing it. Thanks!
Jneau
Enthusiast

Post by Jneau »

OK fine. But even by updating the first server (win2012) in update4a version, the pb remains. No changes after the update4a pass. No change of authentication or repository. Just an upgrade.
I have just restored the server 2012 update3 and the first jobs are in success.
I'm waiting for the return of the support.
thank you,
Jneau
Enthusiast

Post by Jneau »

Hello,

My case is resolved. It was a problem due to vlan routing on the CIFS network of the repository. We have authenticated it and give the proxy a good access to the repository.

Thx,

Jul,
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

At least now we're sure there is no unknown bug in our software. Thanks for coming back and confirming our initial guesses; appreciated!