Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
rogerdu
Expert
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Roger Dufour

GetFilefromGADir Error

Post by rogerdu »

OK, this is s strange one... I'm getting this error (IP's changed mostly)

5/29/2019 10:08:26 AM :: Failed to finalize guest processing. Error: Failed to call RPC function 'Vss.GetFileFromGADir': Error code: 0x80070002. Failed to invoke func [GetFileFromGADir]: The system cannot find the file specified.. Cannot copy file. Source file: [\\3OctetsHere.110\ADMIN$\VeeamVssSupport\metadata\VSS\BackupComponents.xml]. Target file: [C:\Windows\{279b07f1-0c27-48f6-af89-ba6f049d5a33}\BackupComponents.xml]. CopyFile() failed. Win32 error:The system cannot find the file specified. Code: 2.

The conundrum is that the last octet SHOULD be 50 not 110... if I do an nslookup on the IP address above I get a totally different nodename than the one it should be. if I use the original nodename, I get the correct IP address (in nslookup).

Any ideas?
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2877 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: GetFilefromGADir Error

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
could you describe what you are doing?

Just guessing from the error message: if you change the IP of the VM during application aware backup, then I would say that's an expected outcome.

Best regards,
Hannes
rogerdu
Expert

Post by rogerdu »

I'm doing an application aware backup of Node1, but in the logs and the error message in the console, it is indicating a different IP address (that of Node2).
HannesK
Product Manager

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
what do you mean with "Node1"? The Hyper-V host? Because it makes no sense to backup the Hyper-V host with application aware backup.

Just to clarify: you are using "Backup and Replication" and not "Veeam Agent for Windows"?

Best regards,
Hannes
rogerdu
Expert

Post by rogerdu »

Node1 and Node2 refer to the VMs I am trying to backup. and yes Backup and Replication... NOT Veeam Agent for Microsoft.
HannesK
Product Manager

Post by HannesK »

okay, that looks strange. I can only recommend to ask support for further investigations. please post the case number here for reference.