Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
mikkeltobiasen
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Mikkel

Error when mouted mapped drives

Post by mikkeltobiasen »

Hello,

I have a problem with Veeam File Agent on Linux CentOS 7. When I have mapped and mounted 2 hard drives, im getting this error when i try to configure backup-job (press C).

Code: Select all

─── Error ───────────────────────────────────┐
│          CWelcomeCtrl: Failed to process pressed key [c (char: c)].          
│          Types of EnumeratedObject [LogicalDisk] and cast requested          
│          [DeviceMapperDevice] mismatch.                        
│          [Ok] 
The hard drives I have mapped is this (df -h):
/dev/mapper/data /data
/dev/mapper/vmware /home/user/vmware

When they are not mapped/mounted, there is no problem, I can press C and create backup-job. The problem is, that my data is on those drives, and has to be mounted in order to backup ;) :lol:

Can anyone help?
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: Error when mouted mapped drives

Post by PTide »

Hi,

I am curious if it will work if you create a job via CLI? Anyway, it seems like a UI problem that should be addressed by our support team, kindly open a case and post your case ID.

Thanks!
mikkeltobiasen
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Mikkel

Post by mikkeltobiasen »

Thank you for your reply. I am using CLi in Linux. Im not sure if there is a GUI for Linux? I have not found it yet :)

I narrowed the problem to be a specific mount point for my vmware. It is an SSD that is encrypted with cryptsetup. Its placed in: /dev/mapper/ssd and mounted to /home/user/vmware. If I unmount it, I can configure the backup. Otherwise the error when mounted. The error says it a mismatch for devicemapper. So the error makes some sense in that matter.

Is there a way I can tshoot? Or maybe its an bug in the Veeam File Agent on special mountpoints? Can you please advice how to create a case? :)
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Post by PTide »

To open UI you need to type 'veeam' command in CLI (that will give you this thing).
Is there a way I can tshoot?
Yes, you should try to create the job using pure CLI without pseudographics. I suspect there is some sort of UI glitch. This page describes how to create jobs with CLI directly. After you try CLI, please open a support case as described here.

Thanks!