Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
dunkyb
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Duncan B

[FEATURE REQUEST] FLR into vCloud Director

Post by dunkyb »

Hi,

I have an open FR (Internal FR number 03554526) but am logging it here as suggested in order to be kept up to date on the progress.

This FR covers the ability to be able to restore files directly from the 'otheros' FLR appliance directly into a VM connected to a private vCloud Director orgNetwork.
Sergey Makarets of the SP support team has devised a manual method for doing this by editing the LiveCD.tpl file and attaching a second vNIC to the appliance, directly connected to a portID on the dvSwitch/dvPortGroup
that the target VM is connected to. This is a manual process to configure and also make changes to arptables and using ifconfig to bring up the interface. It would be beneficial to cloud service providers
to have a process automated to allow file level recovery directly into a private cloud vDC.

Kind regards,
Duncan
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] FLR into vCloud Director

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
and welcome to the forums.

Thanks for the request. It makes sense but I cannot promise any timeline for improvements.

Best regards,
Hannes
dunkyb
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Duncan B

Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] FLR into vCloud Director

Post by dunkyb »

Hi Hannes,

Thanks for the reply - I have created this ticket so that I can be updated if/when the feature request makes it into production!

Many thanks,
Duncan