jmcguigan
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: John McGuigan

Exchange Explorer for Office365

Post by jmcguigan »

Hi

I'm not sure what I've done wrong.

I have installed Veeam.Backup.Office365_3.0.0.422 onto my existing server running VEEAM 9.5.4.2753 and added my two organisations. I have also installed the VeeamExplorerForExchange_3.0.0.422 and VeeamExplorerForSharePoint_3.0.0.422 MSI files. So far so good.

I ran a backup of the whole organisation which went fine (other than some issues with network throttling which I am resolving). I can open Explorer from the Office365 backup console for Sharepoint, however, despite installing it, I can't seem to get access to the Office365 backed up mailboxes.

All I see in the app is "All Stores", when I try to add "Veeam Backup for office 365 Server" it shows 127.0.0.01 and Windows Session Authentication but when I click Connect it just vanishes.

Any clues

John
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Exchange Explorer for Office365

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi John,

Did you start a restore session from within the Veeam Backup for office 365 server?. Can you start by right-clicking on the job, choose latest restore point and see if you have data?

Let me know
Mike
jmcguigan
Influencer

Post by jmcguigan »

Hi Mike,

When I do that all I can see are the Explore latest Sharepoint options, nothing for Exchange or mailboxes.

John
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

John,

That actually means you are not protecting mailboxes at all, only SharePoint sites.

How did you define your job? (Or multiple jobs)
jmcguigan
Influencer

Post by jmcguigan »

Hi

I selected Backup entire organisation when I set up the job, mainly get a kick off backup done. I can see mailboxes being listed with "Processing mailbox: abc@abc.com" in the status list, and I can see Onedrives being processed as well.

I had to cancel the backup as it was erroring on some mailboxes (the throttling issue), and it had ran into production hours.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

I think that might be the issue. You still have no actual mailbox backup so we don't see it yet. And neither the onedrives. That is because of the way our anti-throttling works.

So wait until after production hours, or (my idea), simply create a separate job with 5 users or so and see if it works as expected
jmcguigan
Influencer

Post by jmcguigan »

Thanks Mike,
jmcguigan
Influencer

Post by jmcguigan »

Problem solved Mike, it was due to a lack of understanding on my part, and the mail part of the backup not completing.
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 681 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Post by Polina »

Thanks for getting back on this, John. We're glad to know the issue is now solved for you.