Service Provider
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: AT SRL

Using Wndows Server with two Veeam Backups Servers

Post by atsrl »

Hi!
How are you all?
A little question:
One physical Windows Storage Server, with at least two nics on different subnets.
Two Veeam Backup Server, one on each subnets.
It is possible to add the Windows Server in both Veeam Backup Servers and configure two different repository in it? Each repo it is exclusive to the desired VBS.

Thank you.
nmdange
Veteran
Liked: 142 times

Re: Using Wndows Server with two Veeam Backups Servers

Post by nmdange » 1 person likes this post

Yes as long as the repositories use different folder paths, you are fine. Just keep in mind the performance impact of both servers using the same repository server.
atsrl
Service Provider

Post by atsrl »

Great! Thanks!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin » 1 person likes this post

Also, double system requirements, because two repositories will be acting independently of each other. Thanks!
atsrl
Service Provider

Post by atsrl »

Hi all!
I am working with a phisycal Windows Repository that have three physical nics, each one on a diferent subnet, vlan, and purpouse: Management - Veeam environment - etc.

One of those ips it is used to join the server with the Veeam environment. So far it is working fine, but working with logs of a failed job I found that there are entries of the other ips (those that are not used to Veeam). Looks like the Veeam Data Mover service at the repository it is triying to use any available ip.

My question to your: Is there a way to set the ip tha the veeam services have to use? Maybe a registry entry or something like that?

I have tryed setting the "prefered networks", and run the job again. Looking at the new logs i found that the others ips entries still appears.

Thank you!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

What kind of entries are you referring to? Do they log other IPs just for information purposes or do you see they are actually used for data transfer?