Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
SEENIVASAN P
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Seenivasan P

Veeam backup to Cloud

Post by SEENIVASAN P »

Hi Team,

We have Veeam Backup and Replication Standard Edition. I want to get disaster recovery copies of our backups into the cloud – Amazon GovCloud S3 and Glacier, to be specific. Veeam Standard doesn’t have the capability to directly connect to a cloud storage service. To work around that, I purchased a Virtual Tape Library software from Starwind. The VTL will present itself as a tape drive to Veeam, and then transfer those “tapes” to Amazon S3. Unfortunately, I found out that Veeam Standard doesn’t support “backup copy to tape,” either. I can only do “file copy to tape.” I’m wondering if anyone there knows was to make this limited feature work, work-arounds, (cheap) alternatives, etc.

Regards,
Seenivasan P
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Veeam backup to Cloud

Post by Gostev »

Hello! The workaround is to use the reversed incremental backup mode for your primary backup jobs. Then, you can configure F2T job to only process full backup files (VBK) - which there will be only one, containing the latest state of protected VMs. Thanks!