Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
Fredo
Influencer
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Fred O.

Feature request - advanced schedule options

Post by Fredo »

I would like to be able to give an extra parameter for a chained tape job. I want to be able to select on which day a chained tape job needs to run. Since the backup to disk jobs run on all weekdays and tape jobs start only on Fridays, I would like to be able to combine the schedule options chaining & days. To be clear: our tape jobs need to start after our last disk backup, but only on Fridays.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Feature request - advanced schedule options

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Fredo.

Thank you for your feature request, noted! Potential workaround would be to script the backup to tape job start and execute such script only on Fridays. Cheers!
Fredo
Influencer

Post by Fredo »

Dear Dima, I tried the work-around but that did not work since the backup job of Thursday sometimes ends on Friday morning, just as the backup-to-disk job that starts on Friday evening, stops sometimes on Saturday morning. It would be nice if you can make two scheduled tasks for one and the same backup-to-disk job. That would solve my issue. I can imagine that this would be useful for others with weekly tape jobs. Best, Fredo
Fredo
Influencer

Post by Fredo »

Is there any change that this request will be part of Backup & Replication v.10? To be clear, this is what I want: I want to chain our weekly tape job to the last backup to disk. But I want this only once per week (after the backup to disks that start on Friday). I would be very grateful.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. » 1 person likes this post

Fredo,

Unfortunately, I have no updates to share. The feature request remains noted and we will get back to feature planning once v10 gets released. Cheers!