Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
patrick.g
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Patrick Gosseye

have an error at rescan of a manually added physical computer

Post by patrick.g »

Hi,
I have 2 servers, one windows application server and one windows storage server. The purpose is to do the following:
- create a job scheduled, to backup the application server to the storage server.
- create a job scheduled, to backup the application server to an external usb drive.

As Veeam agent for windows free edition doesn't allowed to run multiple jobs, I want to use Veeam Backup & Replication community edition.
For testing I install B&R on a windows 10 Pro and create a job to backup the workstation, managed by agent, to an external usb device. After creation of the job a rescan is perform with the following error: 'Failed to process 1 host processed'.
When I open the detail of the manually added workstation (in fact is this the backup server itself), he didn't find the ip-address nor OS and no agent installed.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I try it also adding another workstation windows 10 Pro, but have the same error.

Thanks for your help.
Patrick
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: have an error at rescan of a manually added physical computer

Post by wishr »

Hi Patrick,

Welcome to Veeam Community Forums!

Are you trying to back up the machine where the B&R server itself resides? It should work, but we have not been testing this scenario specifically.

Most likely, the target machine is unreachable from the B&R server, so it's recommended to check whether the communication between them is possible (even if it's the same machine!): if required ports are open and the specified account has local admin rights on the target workstation. If no luck, please reach out to our support team for a comprehensive investigation (we offer best effort support for customers using free Veeam products) and note that you require to specify a support case ID when posting about any technical errors, otherwise your post may be deleted without any notice.

Thanks