Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
A1ex
Novice
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Alexandr Varlamov

Feature request: automate capturing log process

Post by A1ex » 1 person likes this post

It will be great if Veeam provide a simple tool for gathering log and other diagnostic info like https://www.veeam.com/kb2404. Just a simple tool with following features:
- it should be portable
- option "local or remote server"
- option "credentials" or "run as current Windows user"
- big green button "get the logs"
- it should have a progress bar
- It should save all captured data to some predifined place like %ProgramData%\VeeamSupport\%ComputerName%_timestamp.zip

And that is. It will save a lot of time and pain for Veeam support team and Veeam valued customers. And it should not be to complicated to develop this tool. As far as I remember, there was a same tool from Kaspersky team and it was a very convenient to use.
WBR
Alex
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: Feature request: automate capturing log process

Post by wishr »

Hi Alex,

Such a tool is already built into Backup & Replication product and allows you to extract logs from Agent Jobs managed by B&R server.

Standalone Agents have a built-in feature for creating a support ticket automatically. There is also an option allowing you to upload Agent logs automatically to our servers.

Is that what you are looking for?

Thanks
A1ex
Novice
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Alexandr Varlamov

Post by A1ex »

Hi Fedor.

It is not clear, what is included at feature you've described. I have several cases with links to kb2404 to get this logs. From my understanding, buid in feature provide us possibility to save Veeam products (Agent, BR server and components) related logs, but kb2404 describes instruction how to get OS and services logs. My idea is to have a single tool for capture all needed logs. It could be also useful when Agent or BR server are broken (impossible to use built in functional).
WBR
Alex
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Dear Alex,

Thanks for the clarification. Your request is noted.

Regards,
Fedor