Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ekisner
Expert
Liked: 34 times
Full Name: Erik Kisner

Small QOL feature request

Post by ekisner »

Would it be possible to add a checkbox to the initial app logon screen where you choose with B&R server you connect to, to automatically connect to that server? With whatever functionality needed in the settings box to clear that, should one end up changing their mind.

Often times I'll launch the app, tab over to something else, and then when I go back to it, remember that I have to click "connect" before it'll actually go and grab all the stuff it needs to grab from the server.

It's a small thing, but it'd streamline the experience a little bit.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: Small QOL feature request

Post by PTide »

Hi,

I see what you mean. Maybe using that small "Save shortcut" link on app logon screen would do the job? If you generate a shortcut, it will proceed to connecting automatically.

Thanks!
Mgamerz
Expert
Liked: 28 times

Post by Mgamerz »

I do think the save shortcut should be a bit more obvious that it saves the logon stuff too. By default I thought it saves a shortcut to the logon screen.

Also Veeam One would benefit from having a shortcut option too. I know it supports it on the command line.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Post by PTide »

By default I thought it saves a shortcut to the logon screen.
Or, in other words, merely creates a copy of the existing one : )

Would "Save logon settings to a shortcut" make it more clear, how do you think?

Thanks!
Mgamerz
Expert
Liked: 28 times

Post by Mgamerz »

That would be much clearer in its use! I did not know about this feature until I got tired of having to type it in all the time and I had to google for it and it turns out it was right there but the wording was not very obvious.