Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
hasaranga.m
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Hasaranga

Workstation backup for 100 users.

Post by hasaranga.m »

Hi All,

I have a requirement to setup a backup solution for 100 laptop users . Each having approximately 100Gb worth data in their local drive. Customer needs to keeps backups for three months. (If they say a particular day withing past three months we need to get the file backup of that certain date) . Could you please assist for the sizing and setting the backup job.

My procedure :

Set a forward incremental backup job in each laptop with a active full backup for once a month. So there will be three full backups + incremental backups for three months.

For storage I'm planning 30Tb (To accommodate full bakcups) + 6 Tb (To accommodate incremental bakcups) = 36TB .

Please review this scenario and advise me, your idea for storage sizing and backup job setup.

Thank you very much.
Hasaranga.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Workstation backup for 100 users.

Post by HannesK » 1 person likes this post

Hello,
and welcome to the forums.

it depends on the change rate of your incremental backups. For 90 days with 5% change rate and 50% compression, you will need more. See my calculation in the restore point simulator

Best regards,
Hannes
hasaranga.m
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Hasaranga

Post by hasaranga.m »

Thanks for the replly Hannes,

Also I'm going to set 90 restore points + Active full backup on 1st of every month .This way I can keep last 3 months backup. Is this correct ?
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Post by HannesK »

correct