Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
E.Melloul
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ethan Melloul

SmartCDP

Post by E.Melloul »

Is there any additional information on SmartCDP? I can't find anything in any of the published documentation yet it's all over the front page of the website. I'm definitely interested in implementing this at my customer who has the Enterprise license. Also, there is no information on the continuous replication in any of the documentation as well.

What I'm trying to do is really simple - replicate 3 servers across (4) T-1's from Houston to Chicago with the SmartCDP functionality. This way we can failover and back easily.

Any help would be appreciated... thanks in advance!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: SmartCDP

Post by Gostev »

SmartCDP is a marketing term for regular replication functionality, but with replication jobs running periodically with very short period between runs (such as 5 or 15 mins). So just refer to Replication section of User Guide, sticky FAQ topic, etc. Thanks!
E.Melloul
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ethan Melloul

Post by E.Melloul »

Thanks for the reply. I understand what you're saying about the replication job running every 5-15 minutes; however, doesn't that choke up the actual backup from running? Also... what does the continuous option do, that's primarily what I was asking about which has no documentation tied to it.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Yes, today you cannot run 2 jobs against the same VM at the same time.
Continuos option makes the next job iteration start as soon as the previous one has finished.