Disaster recovery orchestration for the Enterprise (formerly Veeam Availability Orchestrator)
gmatsuda
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Gary Matsuda

Apply modified Report Template to existing Orch Plan

Post by gmatsuda »

I have several Orchestration Plans already defined using the Default report template. I recently cloned and modified the default report template with some logos and additional verbiage. Two problems:

1) I can't seem to find a way to update the report template that is assigned to an existing Orchestration Plan.
2) For some plans, I simply want to change from Word formatted reports to PDF formatted reports.

It appears that the only time you can choose the Report Template and Document Format is during the initial "New Report Plan" wizard.

Is there any way to 'assign' a modified Report Template and/or the Document Format for an existing Orchestration Plan?
Oleg Patrakov
Enthusiast
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Oleg Patrakov

Re: Apply modified Report Template to existing Orch Plan

Post by Oleg Patrakov »

Hi Gary
Welcome to our forums!
You can edit the template used by the plan by going to Orchestration Plans -> Your Plan -> Edit -> Properties. There in the wizard you'll have the step "Report Template" where you can choose new template for the plan.
I understand that it's not the most easy-to-find place for this change. Could you tell me, where did you expect to find it normally? And where did you try to find it?
This info will help us making the UI easier to navigate and find what's needed.

Cheers,
gmatsuda
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Gary Matsuda

Re: Apply modified Report Template to existing Orch Plan

Post by gmatsuda »

Ahhh...I didn't see that Properties button in the upper-left. :oops:

I assumed that when I right-clicked on my Orch Plan, then selected Edit, I was already in "Properties" so I thought the horizontal navigation through the Plan Groups -> VM Start Sequence -> Steps -> etc. were the only modifiable options.

So to answer your question, for me, it would've been more intuitive to have "Properties" be an option in the context (right-click) menu for an Orch Plan. Thanks for the quick reply!