Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ThomasDeVit
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Thomas De Vit

Cloud Connect

Post by ThomasDeVit »

Hi,

I am looking at Cloud Connect as a possible solution for us, we are going to refresh some infrastructure very soon, at the moment we have an ESX cluster in a DC hooked to a SAN, the SAN is replicating to another ESX cluster in another DC hooked to a secondary SAN.

We are looking at getting rid of the secondary DC and instead use Veaam Replication/Cloud connect and selectively replicate some VM for backup/Disaster recovery.

I have been to the Veeam website and was offered some regional providers to contact, I have used the web form but none of them have get back to me yet and I am wondering what the providers will accommodate. Does that mean I will have to use the provider's cloud or if my company is already using Azure I could choose to bypass a provider and use Azure for backup/replica storage?
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2877 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Cloud Connect

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
as the Veeam replication technology requires hypervisor access, you cannot directly replicate to Azure.

If you have some time for restore and some time to wait for V10, then you could do the following:

1) backup local
2) set "copy mode" for local backup target to Azure
3) use "direct restore to Azure" in case of disaster

Best regards,
Hannes
abrace
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Alastair Brace

Re: Cloud Connect

Post by abrace »

Hi Thomas,

As a Veeam cloud service provider I'm happy to share the potential options around Backup and Disaster Recovery with you.

Are you happy for me to send you a private message to run through the requirement?

Kind regards,
Alastair