Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
torstende
Novice
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: torsten

Account Lockout with Agent 3.0.1.1039

Post by torstende »

Hello there,

I have a strange error in my environment. I do backup some Microsoft Clusters (Win2012 R2 and Win2016 with recent updates) with shared disks and therefor installed the agent on each clusternode. The services "Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows" and "Veeam Installer Service" are running under "Local System".
When the backupjob starts I see a lot of successfull logons from the Veeam B&R Server with the account "backupuser" (Security Events 4624 Logon Type 3 (Network Logon) and 4672 (Permission assignment)). So far so good.

A few seconds later I see Event 4625 witch means the logon attempt failed. This time the logon type is 4 (Batch logon) and the caller process is "C:\Program Files\Veeam\Endpoint Backup\Veeam.EndPoint.Manager.exe". The account is "backupuser". The failure reason is "unknown user or bad password".
The bad thing about this behaviour is the account lockout in Active Directory which leads to job failure for all Cluster backups (File-, SQL-Cluster with Application Processing) until the account is reenabled.

We recently updated to 9.5 U4 (Build 9.5.4.2753) and Agent Version 3.0.1.1039. The error allready occured with the previous version, too.

Where can I find the Credential Store of the Agent and clean it?
How can I narrow down the reason for this behaviour?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
torsten
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Account Lockout with Agent 3.0.1.1039

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Torsten,

If you're managing Agents from Veeam B&R server, then I would recommend checking that the credentials specified in application-aware processing settings of the Agent job in Veeam B&R are up-to-date. That's the only place that I can think of right now.

Thanks!
torstende
Novice
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: torsten

Re: Account Lockout with Agent 3.0.1.1039

Post by torstende » 1 person likes this post

Hello Vitaliy,

Thank you for your reply. The Credentials are up to date.
After restarting the veeam services on the clusternodes the jobs are running right now. :o
I will monitor the behaviour and come back if the problem occurs again.

Thanks