Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
ItIsMe
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Frank Keding

Stalls and restarts computer

Post by ItIsMe »

Hi forum

I have a very odd problem. I use the Community version from Backup and Replication. the configuration is simple:
- Simple AD Domain.
- 1 Agent Backup Job for the server where B&R is running on.
- 1 Agent Backup Policy for the computers I want to backup (it's only my one at the moment).

The server backs itself up fine. The problem is my computer. I looked already in the forum for a solution but couldn't find one.

On my computer is the Veeam Agent for Windows installed, server and my computer find each other. The Veeam Agent for Windows starts the backup and at one point it stalls and restarts the computer without any warning.

In the Event Log I found the following entry which it claims not to be accessible: C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log.
Indeed is the folder and sub-folders of TileDataLayer not existing.
This error happens when I use the domain Administrator account as well when I use the computers local Administrator account.

Thanks in advance,

Frank

[ID# 03655452]
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Stalls and restarts computer

Post by Gostev »

Hi, Frank. This is not a known issue so likely something environment-specific. Please work with support to troubleshoot what's wrong with this particular server. This could be a conflict with some 3rd party software, for example. Thanks!
ItIsMe
Novice

Post by ItIsMe »

Hi Gostev

Unfortunately my support case was closed automatically. How can I re-open it again?

TIA,
Frank
[ID# 03655452]
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Frank,

I've asked our support team to reopen the case and review the details once they have staff available. This may take a while, since you're using the free version, so your support case has the lowest priority in the support queue. Stay tuned.
ItIsMe
Novice

Post by ItIsMe » 1 person likes this post

Thank you so much Dima. No probs.
As I am a Software Developer my own I suggest to pick it up quickly as it is a nasty problem and a computer shouldn't be restated out of the blue.
That points to a bigger problem.

My computer is pretty clean.

I already posted Event entries and more related to this problem. I could bet on it in not the only one.

Frank
[ID# 03655452]
Maklaus
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Maklaus

Post by Maklaus »

I have the same problem too. I have installed "Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows FREE" in a Windows Server 2016. I am very worried because I am without a backup and it is not a good thing..
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Maklaus,

If you can confirm the same behavior please raise a support case and share the case ID in this thread. Thank you!