Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
mattdwyerva
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: Matt Dwyer

Agent uninstall question

Post by mattdwyerva »

I have two sites where we use VBR (2 Hypers in one, and 3 VMwares in other), and I thought I needed VAW at one point (REFS in use thru ignorance), and bought the windows agent in a pack of 10. I have notes that I don't need it anymore, and renewal time is here with new pricing for a 10 pack. Is there an easy way to test/check if I am using it, given that I AM using VBR 9.5? I guess I can go to Control Panel-Programs and remove something that says Veeam Agent for Windows or similar?
I see https://www.veeam.com/windows-cloud-ser ... agent.html lists reasons for using it, and pretty sure none of them apply.
mattdwyerva
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: Matt Dwyer

Re: Agent uninstall question

Post by mattdwyerva »

I think I figured this out, as looking at my backups, I found an old backup listed under a category AGENTS, so I removed that from the configuration. I had not run it for over a year, as I replaced it with HyperV backup. Other backups listed as PLATFORM: HYPER-V in one office, VM-WARE in the other office. So, I will let this Agents subscription expire.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Agent uninstall question

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Matt,

Sorry for the late reply. Indeed you can list all the licensed entities by going to the Veeam B&R's main menu > Licences. Additionally, you can manually revoke the license counter from the object if that required. Cheers!