Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mtylicki201
Novice
Liked: never

The destination file system does not support large files

Post by mtylicki201 »

I'm trying to run a surebackup job and when it goes to power on the machine i'm getting a "Reason: The destination file system does not support large files." and then the job fails. Im running 5.0.2.230 64 bit. Its installed on a physical Server 2008 64 bit box. The NFS is on a NTFS volume. The job contains my exchange server that has the following drive sizes C:500gb d:500gb and E:35gb. I've tried searching the forum but didn't yeild any results.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: The destination file system does not support large files

Post by Gostev »

Most likely, the VMFS block size of the datastore chosen for redo logs (virtual lab setting) is too small to host redo log for 500 GB disk.
mtylicki201
Novice

Post by mtylicki201 »

Thanks for the pointer Gostev. I'll check on that when i get into the office today and post back on my findings.
mtylicki201
Novice

Post by mtylicki201 »

Gostev, that worked thank you! (I increased the block size on log datastore). Now i'm having another problem. Everytime i run the surebackup job it fails because the NFS datstore already exists. If i manually remove the datastore before running the job it works fine. Any thoughts?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

The designed behavior for the product is to mount the datastore once (when you are setting up virtual lab), and keep it mounted. So, SureBackup certainly should not complain if the NFS datastore already exist :) Not really sure what you are doing wrong, first time I hear something like this.
mtylicki201
Novice

Post by mtylicki201 »

Vcenter registers the following error: "The specified key, name, or identifier already exists" for task "Create NAS datastore
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Kindly please review the rules of posting technical issues provided when you click New Topic. I think you have broken just about all of them by now :D
mtylicki201
Novice

Post by mtylicki201 »

Gostev, Sorry about that. I've opened a support case on my issues. Thanks for the help on the earlier problems.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

No problems. Would you please post your support case ID though. This way I will always be able look up the resolution in case someone else has the same issue in future (in case you forget to post the solution here). Thanks!!
mtylicki201
Novice

Post by mtylicki201 »

ID#5138687
klakkes
Lurker

Post by klakkes »

hi
i'm having the same problem with a vm with a 499GB disk that cannot be started in surebackup.
gostev, can you please specify how to change the block size on the vLab's nfs datastore ? is it done through vCenter or veeam console ?
thanks a lot
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Datastore block size can only be changed if you reformat your VMFS datastore via vSphere Client. What is the location of your redo logs specified in the virtual lab settings?
klakkes
Lurker

Post by klakkes »

thanks for your reply.
that is what i was thinking already. but i can't reformat it since that is performed on adding the datastore, but it is being added automatically.
the vlab used for the surebackup job is using the esx's local datastore to host the proxy VM. (is that what you mean by redo logs ?) but the VM's that are started from backup use the NFS datastore on the veeam server.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

If you cannot reformat existing datastore, then please select another datastore on step 3 of the virtual lab creation wizard, should help.