Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
masonit
Service Provider
Liked: 23 times
Full Name: Maso

Move Enterprise manager

Post by masonit »

Hi

Today we have EM installed on a seperate server with 5 vbr servers connected. All servers belong to the same domain and subnet. I plan to move EM installation to a new server (https://www.veeam.com/kb1889#migratewconfigbkp) that will be placed in dmz and in workgroup. Plan is to make it more "safe" for external connections. Is there any hidden problems with this setup that I don't see? I guess all connections to EM will be done with local windows users created in EM server. That account will only have permissions to login to EM. If I grant that user in EM to be able to run restores on a specific vm. Will that work? I guess when the restore is started EM uses the login account specified for the backup server.?

\Masonit
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: Move Enterprise manager

Post by wishr »

Hi Magnus,

It should work, no issues are expected. Just make sure the backup servers are "resolvable" from the isolated EM machine.

Users will be logging into EM using a local account, while the restore operations will be performed on behalf of B&R server credentials that you specify when adding backup servers.

Thanks